The second badge Zambia’s contingent to the Olympics leave the shores of the country yesterday for the Olympic Games via Ethiopian Airlines.
The six athletes and their Coaches in the company of Ministry of Sports Officials, General Team Doctor Dr. Titus Fernando and Team Administrator Chipo Mulenga will join the Zambia National Women’s Football Team and Chef De Mission Ms. Hazel Kennedy, who are already in Japan.
With the Games only days away, the 30-member team for the Tokyo Olympics has been confirmed.
Zambia will take part in five sporting disciplines with the women’s football team making their highly anticipated bow.
Below is the Zambia’s 30-member athletes team for Tokyo Olympics.
- ATHLETICS: Rhoda Njobvu Sydney Siame
- BOXING: Everisto Mulenga Stephen Zimba Patrick Chinyemba
- FOOTBALL: Hazel NalI N’gambo Musole Catherine Musonda Margaret Belemu Esther Siamfuko Agness Musesa Anita Mulenga Martha Tembo Lushomo Mweemba Vast Phiri Fikile Khosa Mary Wilombe Ireen Lungu Esther Namukwasa Susan Katongo Avell Chitundu Hellen Chanda Barbara Banda Grace Chanda Hellen Mubanga Rachael Kundananji Ochumba Oseke
- JUDO : Steven Mung’andu
- SWIMMING: Tilka Paljk Shaquille Moosa
- Douglas Kalembo (Athletics Coach)
- Wisdom Mudenda (Boxing Head coach)
- Charles Kangwa (Asst)
- Bruce Mwape (Football Head Coach)
- Charity Nthala (Football Asst. Coach)
- Florence Mwila (Football Asst. Coach)
- Yona Phiri (Football Goalkeeper Coach)
- Faith Tiza Chibeza (Football Team Doctor)
- Noleen Njonga (Football Physiotherapist)
- Milimo Chafwakale (Football Team Security)
- Besa Chibwe (Football Team Manager)
- Francis Moola Lipimile (Judo Coach)
- Ian Stephenson (Swimming Coach)
The team will also include 10 other officials from the Ministry of Youth, Sport and Child Development and NOCZ.
NOCZ Vice-President Hazel Kennedy will lead the delegation as Chef De Mission.
The team travelled in groups.
The women’s football team were the first to leave on Tuesday, July 13 before the boxing, swimming and judo teams follow on July 17.
Athletics duo of Siame and Njobvu will be the last team to leave on July 24.